Saturday, November 7, 2020

Alien: Isolation sucks

There are some good things in the game, but I won't bother mentioning them, because the flaws are too big.

The worst part of the game is the lack of proper save/load game features. It forces the player to keep repeating several minutes of annoying sneaking, and I hate repeating things in games. Level design is also poor, with an almost completely linear path you just have to follow. Stealth games should allow the player to come up with different ways of getting through levels, and all games should have actual decisions for the player to make. You can find neither in this game.

I almost never quit playing a game until I've seen it through, but this time I think I'll have to. And I'm just 5 hrs into the game, probably not even half way through. I just can't stand having to do the same things (walking down the same corridor, checking the same computer, all the while avoiding the alien that I can do nothing about, etc.) over and over again. 

So, I cannot recommend the game. In fact, I'd like to get my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment